Passionate about developing people and enhancing performance in high stakes, high pressure environments
Performance Edge Consulting is owned and run by leading performance coach Steve Ward. Steve is passionate about enhancing performance and has over 25 years of teaching, coaching and training experience. Prior to starting work with traders, fund managers and markets and banking professionals in 2005 he worked with elite athletes and teams in over 30 sports as a sports and performance psychology coach with a special interest in adventure, endurance and extreme sports, and he has also worked as a performance coach to professional poker players.
Steve works with traders, fund managers and markets and banking professionals across asset class and experience levels, at banks, funds, commodities trading houses, energy companies, utilities and proprietary trading groups across the globe, helping them to improve their decision making, risk taking and ability to achieve and sustain high performance.
His work is focused on delivering evidence-based practical strategies and tactics, drawn from the world’s of performance, psychology, neuroscience and physiology and delivered through a range of interventions including workshops, training programs, 1-1 coaching, speaking engagements, off-sites, research projects and assessments and testing.
He is the author of ‘Bulletproof Trader’,’TraderMind’, ‘High Performance Trading’, ‘Sports Betting To Win’, and co-author of ‘The Traders Mind Journal’; and is a member of the Association for Coaching, Association of Contextual Behavioural Science, and Society for Neuroeconomics.
Core Areas of Expertise
- Trading psychology, performance, neuroscience and physiology
- Decision science, financial decision making, high stakes decision making
- Neuroscience and high performance
- Stress physiology, stress resilience, performing under stress and pressure
- High performance mindset – mind management, emotions, motivation, focus, confidence
- Mindfulness-based approaches for traders/fund managers and high performers
- High performance coaching
- Risk psychology, risk taking and risk personality testing
- Performance lifestyle – sleep, stress and recovery balance, nutrition, physical activity
- Biofeedback training and physiological testing and assessment